Ten of the Best Storybook Cottage Homes Around the World
These 10 fairy tale inspired cottages with their hand-made details call to mind the tales of the Brothers Grimm and other fantasy stories. All of these cottages are real-life homes from around the world. From stunning cottage houses to mystical stone dwellings, these 10 storybook cottage homes provide inspiration and inspire the imagination.
- Hobbit House - Rotorua, New Zealand
- Winckler Cottage - Vancouver Island, Canada
- Akebono kodomo-no-mori Park, Japan
- Wooden Cottage - Białka Tatrzańska, Tatra Mountains, Poland
- Blaise Hamlet - Bristol, England
- Willa Kominiarski Wierch - Zakopane, Poland
- Forest House - Efteling, The Netherlands
- Cottage in the Hamlet of Marie Antoinette - Versailles, France
- Cob House - Somerset, United Kingdom
- The Spadena House - Beverly Hills, California, United States
Saw this on Reddit: Cap’n Picard.
On December 6th, 1989, shortly before five ‘o’ clock and the end of classes before Christmas break, fourteen female engineering students were shot and killed at the École Polytechnique in Montreal, Quebec by a gunman who claimed he was “fighting feminism”.
The massacre stands as one of the most tragic hate crimes in Canadian history.
Today we remember:
Geneviève Bergeron, aged 21;
Hélène Colgan, 23;
Nathalie Croteau, 23;
Barbara Daigneault, 22;
Anne-Marie Edward, 21;
Maud Haviernick, 29;
Barbara Maria Klucznik, 31;
Maryse Leclair, 23;
Annie St.-Arneault, 23;
Michèle Richard, 21;
Maryse Laganière, 25;
Anne-Marie Lemay, 22;
Sonia Pelletier, 28; and
Annie Turcotte, aged 21.
In his series, Behind a Little House, Manuel Cosentino transforms a tiny little house on a simple hill into a series of dramatically majestic landscapes. For two years, the Italian photographer documented the same location, capturing the house set against the changing light and weather throughout the years.
Sean Bean starring in something is, in itself, a spoiler.